photo DEZ_3788_zps9ba7fe99.jpg
Jesslimcy
Converse CONS Project Singapore

Saturday, April 19, 2014 @ 3:07 AM | 0 Comment [s]

Hi everyone!!

I attended a DJ workshop last Friday, organised by Converse for CONS Project Singapore at Aliwal Arts Centre. It was conducted byDJ KoFlow, a Singapore DMC Champion.

CONS Project Singapore is a two-day initiative that engages the community with street art, DJ and skate insta-video workshops.



Before this workshop, I did not know being a DJ was such a difficult job! Beat-matching, sampling, scratching, remixing etc., they were all terms I was familiar with but I never knew how they were done. Really happy to have gotten the opportunity to attend this workshop as I thought DJ KoFlow ran the workshop very well! He was really patient in teaching us the basics and with answering questions. He is also a fantastic DJ (duhhh, Singapore DMC champion hello) and wowed the audience with demonstrations of how he mix, scratch, beat match, etc. It was truly eye-opening.

Converse also did a great job by decorating the venue really well and running the programs very smoothly!



I asked my boyfriend to come along with me as usual and we were the first two to arrive!


People who attend the workshop even got cool stickers!



My cheapo $4 bugis street top automatically looks like some branded converse tops with the stickers LOL!
I brought along a leopard print bag that I use very often and it is coincidentally from Converse as well!

There was also an instant-print photobooth! How awesome is that??

Boyf and I with our photo from the photobooth!

It didn't take long for everyone else to arrive


While waiting for the workshop to start~



DJ KoFlow while conducting the workshop


You can view more photos/Insta-videos of the event on Instagram by searching the hashtag #consprojectsg

Participants of the workshop even got a chance to tryout DJ-ing for ourselves!



This angmoh was a really funny guy, super buay paiseh to ask questions and acted as if he was a real DJ when trying out LOLOL!!

 I got to try the drum machine!! I was really shy and reluctant to go up at first but boyf kept nudging me up, I was soo nervous up there!! But it was quite fun and I'm glad to have gotten a chance to try it out ^^

A photo taken with the other participants! Ignore my awkward pose please.

Converse very kindly gave each blogger who attended the event a pair of converse sneaker each!



The very first pair of "proper" sneaker I got since I left secondary school :x (My shoes are usually cheapo flats from rubi/Bugis/Far East Plaza or heels, the last time I wore sneakers was during Secondary school when Converse school shoes were the trend LOL)

Because I love the sneakers soo much, I spammed photos of myself wearing them when trying them on at home :p








Thank you Converse for organising this event and I hope that there will be more of such events in the future!

That's all for today's post, thanks for reading!

Signing off,
Jesslimcy.


Older Post | Newer Post
Disclaimer

This is a space I use to blog about my thoughts, blog about my lifestyle, and to recommend items/products/services. If you like what you're reading, follow me on twitter (@jesslimcy). If you like my pictures, follow me on instagram @jesslimcy too! :)
“Sleep is the best meditation.” — Dalai Lama





Contact me!

Jessica Chien Yee Lim




Instagram

If you are interested in hiring me for photoshoots/events/to advertise on my blog, email me at limchienyee@hotmail.com to enquire the rates :)
My Portfolio

PAGE VIEWS

buy diaper cake


Navigations

Diary About Popular posts



Reviews

~Beauty~

-Nails-

Rachel.nailz

[Sponsored Review] Rachel.nailz
November nails
*~Christmas nails~*
Chinese New Year nails!!
Valentine's Day nails special!
March manicure ♥
April Rachel.nailz promotion!

-Hair-

J7 Image

[Sponsored review] J7 Image

Clover Hair Boutique

Review: Clover Hair Boutique

-Eyelash extensions-

Beauty Recipe

Review: Eyelash Extension by Beauty Recipe


~Food~

Blisshouse

Special dates: Blisshouse

The 7th Cylinder

Jess recommends: The 7th Cylinder!


~Gadgets related~

The Kase

Review: The Kase (Part 1)
Review: The Kase (Part 2)


~Others~

Bags

Embellir-Bag Shop

Massage

Le Spa


Credits

Template by : Farisyaa Awayy
Basecode by : Nurynn
Edited by : Myself

Best viewed with GOOGLE CHROME.