photo DEZ_3788_zps9ba7fe99.jpg
Jesslimcy
New Haircut!

Thursday, November 8, 2012 @ 12:00 AM | 0 Comment [s]

(Countdown to bby's first bookout: 4days! :D)

Hi guys!

If you are following me on my twitter or instagram, you would've been updated that I had a new haircut last Saturday (27th October)! Finally decided to cut bangs and I'm LOVING IT! The last time I cut bangs was back in 2009 and that was the ultimate worse decision ever. My hair throughout primary to secondary school was disastrous to be exact. Pictures too embarrassing to be posted up here but I'm gonna show you how I looked like back in 2009 with bangs anyway... It's so horrible I can't even..


Yupp that's me... merely 3 years ago. My super tanned skin as a result from marching for red cross competition trainings back then made the bangs look 2956285419 times worse. This wasn't my worse hairstyle but still...

Hesitated to cut bangs again for so long because I was afraid I'd look like THAT ^ again.

So I went to the Salon, Scissorhands, as I bought a groupon voucher from them for hair treatment. But upon my arrival, I realised my coupon couldn't be used as I was under 21 years old -_- I have been buying hair treatment/dye vouchers for groupon a couple of times and I have never once saw a HAIR voucher that I had to be over 21 to use it. Why, 21 years old the hair more mature then suit the treatment is it?? But ok nevermind it was my fault for not reading the Terms & Conditions properly. The staffs were all really nice and patient in explaining to me why the coupon couldn't be used and offered me discounts on their regular prices. Ended up getting a treatment that is more suitable for my hair that was in a seeming hopelessly dry and frizzy state for $120 with a 30% discount and a haircut for $20 which was apparently the lowest haircut price they offer. Added up to a whooping $140 (sigh) but it was well worth it!

First, a chic looking slightly plump lady helped me to wash my hair. Afterwards, another hairstylist, Austin, helped to apply treatment together with the lady as my hair was too damn thick and long for one person to handle LOL. They kept telling everyone in chinese "wa her hair damn thick damn long. Your one little portion of hair is the same as the amount of hair on another person's entire head" HAHAHA.

After the treatment is done, I started choosing the haircut I want from a Japanese hairstyle booklet. I then learnt that there were A LOT of varieties of bangs to choose from! After deciding, the hairstylist, Austin, started cutting. Unlike a lot of hairstylists that just trims and layer my hair, he really knew what to do with my hair to make it easier to manage and to give it a less messy look. It was the first proper haircut I had in MONTHS and probably one of the best hairstylist I've met so far!

So here is a picture of me before and after haircut:


I LOVE IT. Received TONS of compliments saying I look younger, more refreshing, better, etc. Really glad I didn't just leave when I heard I had to pay $140 :X

Here are more photos of me after my haircut

On the same day.

A few days later.

See how my hair condition improved A LOT too?? It's much shinier after the treatment! Until today, I haven't been experiencing any frizzy/dry hair or split end problems! Really a $140 well spent! Really satisfied with how my hair looks now ^^

That is all for today's update! Thanks for reading!

Signing off,
Jesslimcy


Older Post | Newer Post
Disclaimer

This is a space I use to blog about my thoughts, blog about my lifestyle, and to recommend items/products/services. If you like what you're reading, follow me on twitter (@jesslimcy). If you like my pictures, follow me on instagram @jesslimcy too! :)
“Sleep is the best meditation.” — Dalai Lama





Contact me!

Jessica Chien Yee Lim




Instagram

If you are interested in hiring me for photoshoots/events/to advertise on my blog, email me at limchienyee@hotmail.com to enquire the rates :)
My Portfolio

PAGE VIEWS

buy diaper cake


Navigations

Diary About Popular posts



Reviews

~Beauty~

-Nails-

Rachel.nailz

[Sponsored Review] Rachel.nailz
November nails
*~Christmas nails~*
Chinese New Year nails!!
Valentine's Day nails special!
March manicure ♥
April Rachel.nailz promotion!

-Hair-

J7 Image

[Sponsored review] J7 Image

Clover Hair Boutique

Review: Clover Hair Boutique

-Eyelash extensions-

Beauty Recipe

Review: Eyelash Extension by Beauty Recipe


~Food~

Blisshouse

Special dates: Blisshouse

The 7th Cylinder

Jess recommends: The 7th Cylinder!


~Gadgets related~

The Kase

Review: The Kase (Part 1)
Review: The Kase (Part 2)


~Others~

Bags

Embellir-Bag Shop

Massage

Le Spa


Credits

Template by : Farisyaa Awayy
Basecode by : Nurynn
Edited by : Myself

Best viewed with GOOGLE CHROME.